The Cattlemen’s Heritage Beef Company™ project will lead the Midwest, our nation and the world into the future of beef processing. The state-of-the-art beef processing plant will process 2,000 head of cattle a day. The 132-acre site is in Mills County, Iowa, approximately six miles southeast from the center of the Omaha/Council Bluffs metro area.
Why Cattlemen's Heritage
A NEW GENERATION OF BEEF PROCESSING
What are the benefits to producers and the industry as a whole?
A priority for Cattlemen’s Heritage is to support small and medium producers – the families that truly live the life. We do this by:
- Locally sourcing cattle within a 200-mile radius in Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, South Dakota and Missouri.
- Utilizing a Box Beef cut-out grid versus having producers be reliant on the CME.
- Operating as family-centric, including our Timely Delivery Agreement.
- Providing the family farm with an alternative market model that is more favorable than the current option.
A business model designed around stability and market longevity that:
- Addresses our nation’s beef processing deficit and inefficiencies.
- Answers our Nation’s call for more beef production to ensure food security.
- Mirrors the unilateral need and support for progressive, mid-sized production facilities.
As one of the most advanced processing facilities on the planet, Cattlemen’s Heritage has developed an exceptionally efficient and ergonomic work place, including:
- Advanced robotics that improves efficiency and creates higher yields.
- State-of-the-art systems, design and engineering creating increased labor safety, satisfaction and safety.
- Advanced industry proven robotics
- Employee attraction and retention
- Increased safety
- Industry leading-edge COVID-resistant design.
- Progressive animal welfare protocols.
Cattlemen’s Heritage will be North America’s first carbon neutral processing plant. We’ll do this with:
- Wind-powered energy.
- Advanced sustainable water treatment technology.
- Ecologically sustainable downstream/up-stream supply chain practices.
Our unprecedented use of data collection technology tracks livestock from birth, through processing to the “display case”, which allows for:
- Rancher/Producer data capture.
- Continuous herd improvement.
- Development of proprietary brand and marketing messaging.
- Efficacy data for feed and animal health companies.
- Expanded revenue opportunities via foreign market eligible beef sales.
- Quantifiable claims. e.g. “100% Guaranteed U.S. Grown Beef”.
Beyond the progressive processing industry business model, the facility will also be providing a boost to the local economy by:
- Employing 800 people with a competitive average salary of $55k.
- Creating 3,400 indirect, permanent regional jobs.
- Providing on-site services like childcare, banking and healthcare.
- A $1.1B yearly economic impact.